We can provide employees with assistance in relation to, amongst other things:-
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Unfair dismissal;
- Deduction of wages;
- Contractual issues;
- Tribunal cases;
- Settlement Agreements.
A GUIDE TO PRH EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL SERVICES AND FEES:
Whilst it can be difficult to estimate fees in relation to Employment Tribunal Claims we have noted below the basis of our charges and estimates of likely costs for certain claims. Please note that these estimates apply to advise prior to or claims before an Employment Tribunal. They do not apply to any claim which requires to be filed in Court (for example breach of contract claims in excess of £25,000).
For information in relation to our costs for Settlement Agreements, please see the separate information page.
Work carried out on your behalf in relation to an Employment enquiry or Tribunal claim will be charged at our hourly rate of £200.00 per hour plus VAT (total £240.00). Full detail of our charging structure is available in our Terms and Conditions of Business.
In some circumstances we may be able to discuss carrying out some, or all, of your work on a fixed fee basis. This means that we may be able to agree the total cost in advance and that is the price which you pay, regardless of the work required.
Unfair Dismissal Claims
For Employment Tribunal Claims of unfair dismissal we would estimate that the total work carried out on your file will be between 25 and 50 hours from beginning to end. This does not include any work in connection with an appeal. We would therefore estimate that the total cost of such a claim is likely to be in the region of £5,000 - £10,000 plus VAT (£6,000 - £12,000).
Wrongful Dismissal Claims
Wrongful dismissal claims are likely to take between 15 and 30 hours from beginning to end. This does not include any work in connection with an appeal. We would therefore estimate that the total cost of such a claim is likely to be in the region of £3,000 to £6,000 plus VAT (£3,600 to £7,200).
The fees set out above in relation to unfair and wrongful dismissal claims cover all the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:-
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers, and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change);
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing a claim or response;
- Reviewing and advising on the claim or response from the other party;
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process;
- Preparing or considering a Schedule of Loss;
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents;
- Taking instructions and drafting witness statements and agreeing their contents with witnesses;
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements;
- Preparing the bundle of documents for the Tribunal Hearing;
- Agreeing a list of issues and chronology and/or case list;
- Preparation for Final Hearing including drafting Instructions to Counsel.
Please note it is our practice to instruct Counsel to represent clients at Tribunal Hearings. The cost of this would be in excess of the broadbrush costs given above. Counsel usually charges between £1,500 and £2,500 per day plus VAT (£1,800 and £3,000).
Where your claim is more complicated or requires a hearing before an Employment Tribunal in excess of one day, the costs may exceed the above estimates. These are guide prices to assist you as to the likely costs of any claim.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Counsel’s fees or an expert accountant’s fees in relation to losses.
How long will the matter take?
The time taken from initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on whether or not your case resolves before the Final Hearing. If settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to settle in 2 or 3 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your claim may take a number of months.
Other relevant information
We do not undertake employment claims on a No Win No Fee basis, although your insurance provider may cover legal advice in relation to such a claim.
Please note: Whilst there are no fees payable to the Employment Tribunal for filing a claim it is also very unusual for costs to be awarded in favour of either party. This will only happen in exceptional circumstances where the Tribunal considers the claim, or response, to be very weak or the conduct of one of the parties during the proceedings has been particularly unreasonable.
We are happy to discuss your requirements and your feeing options during our first consultation.
For further information please call us on 01709 511100
Senior & Managing Partner
Direct Dial: 01709 511100
» Read More
Fiona is a specialist in dispute resolution and her areas of expertise include:-
- Contractual disputes
- Employment problems, including Settlement Agreements
- Land issues, including boundary disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Pursuing debtors
- Acting as a trustee of Attorney
Fiona was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 1993 after a short career in education, teaching law and liberal studies.
Fiona trained at Parker Rhodes Hickmotts and has happily stayed with the Firm all her legal working life.
Fiona has always specialised in Dispute Resolution and has, over the years, assisted hundreds of clients. She has always favoured a plain, straightforward approach and strives to demystify the law so that clients represented by her fully understand the legal process.
Fiona became an Equity Partner in Parker Rhodes Hickmotts in 1996 and the Managing Partner in 2004. Under her leadership the Firm has increased its market share and its fee income.
Fiona heads the Dispute Resolution Department and is also the Firm’s Senior and Managing Partner.
“In difficult times Fiona Always pulled through.”
“I would recommend you. I know you would not let me down.”
“Very honest and very helpful.”
Direct Dial: 01709 388979
» Read More
Laura is a specialist in dispute resolution and her areas of expertise include:-
- Contract disputes
- Consumer claims, including faulty goods and poor workmanship
- Property disputes, including boundaries, rights of way and nuisance claims
- Professional Negligence claims
- Debt recovery claims
- Employment claims, including settlement agreements
- Landlord and Tenant possession claims
Laura obtained her degree in Law and Criminology from Sheffield University and qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2009.
Laura previously worked at a local South Yorkshire firm as a fee earner more recently as a Manager of Dispute Resolution.
She has over 10 years’ experience dealing with a variety of dispute and litigation matters.
Laura was awarded the national award of Legal Expert by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2019 for the legal and technical application to cases.