Fighting your compensation claim for you
Our injury and accident lawyers believe in fighting fearlessly to ensure that you recover the maximum compensation that you are entitled to.
Our team is led by Fiona Shinner and consists of two highly experienced Dispute Resolution & Litigation Solicitors and a dedicated support team.
Our Dispute Resolution & Litigation department specialises in:
We can assist tenants to resolve issues relating to:-
- Landlord and tenant matters generally;
- Possession/rent recovery;
- Unlawful occupation (squatters);
- Boundary disputes;
- Easement and right of way issues;
- Disputes over financial interests in property (TOLATA’s);
- Mortgage disputes;
- Nuisance and trespass;
- Building disputes.
We can assist you and your family to resolve issues relating to Will disputes and contentious probate, including:-
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- Disputed Wills based on allegations of mental capacity;
- Disputed Wills based on allegations of undue influence;
- Disputed Wills based on allegations of invalid procedure or fraud;
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees;
- Disputed Powers of Attorney;
- Negligently drafted Wills resulting in professional negligence claims;
- Negligently executed probates.
We offer a first free interview and a range of funding options, including “no win, no fee”.
We deal with all aspects of personal injury claims including road traffic, work, slipping and tripping, and criminal injuries compensation claims.
We generally work on a “no win, no fee” basis so there is no financial risk to you if your case isn’t successful.
We understand that being injured in an accident or as a result of a criminal action can have a devastating effect on you or your family, particularly if you are unable to work because of the injury. We will guide you through the system to assure that you not only receive compensation but also effective medical treatment.
We offer a first free interview to advise you about a potential claim.
We can provide employees with assistance in relation to, amongst other things:-
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Unfair dismissal;
- Deduction of wages;
- Contractual issues;
- Tribunal cases;
- Settlement Agreements.
If you have been let down by a professional who you believe hasn’t performed to an acceptable standard and you have suffered a financial loss as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
Professional negligence claims can be brought against a number of professional people including solicitors, surveyors, financial advisers, architects and professional trustees.
We can advise you fully in relation to your potential claim.
In today’s legal environment, particularly bearing in mind the expense of Court action, it is important for parties to consider alternative dispute resolution in an attempt to resolve disputes.
We are highly skilled at attempting to sort out problems before they escalate into Court action, thereby saving parties time and legal costs.
Call our support team on 01709 511100
Senior & Managing Partner
Direct Dial: 01709 511100
» Read More
Fiona is a specialist in dispute resolution and her areas of expertise include:-
- Contractual disputes
- Employment problems, including Settlement Agreements
- Land issues, including boundary disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Pursuing debtors
- Acting as a trustee of Attorney
Fiona was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 1993 after a short career in education, teaching law and liberal studies.
Fiona trained at Parker Rhodes Hickmotts and has happily stayed with the Firm all her legal working life.
Fiona has always specialised in Dispute Resolution and has, over the years, assisted hundreds of clients. She has always favoured a plain, straightforward approach and strives to demystify the law so that clients represented by her fully understand the legal process.
Fiona became an Equity Partner in Parker Rhodes Hickmotts in 1996 and the Managing Partner in 2004. Under her leadership the Firm has increased its market share and its fee income.
Fiona heads the Dispute Resolution Department and is also the Firm’s Senior and Managing Partner.
“In difficult times Fiona Always pulled through.”
“I would recommend you. I know you would not let me down.”
“Very honest and very helpful.”
Chartered Legal Executive (FCILEX)
Direct Dial: 01709 388979
» Read More
Laura is a specialist in dispute resolution and her areas of expertise include:-
- Contract disputes
- Consumer claims, including faulty goods and poor workmanship
- Property disputes, including boundaries, rights of way and nuisance claims
- Professional Negligence claims
- Debt recovery claims
- Employment claims, including settlement agreements
- Landlord and Tenant possession claims
Laura obtained her degree in Law and Criminology from Sheffield University and qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 2009.
Laura previously worked at a local South Yorkshire firm as a fee earner more recently as a Manager of Dispute Resolution.
She has over 10 years’ experience dealing with a variety of dispute and litigation matters.
Laura was awarded the national award of Legal Expert by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2019 for the legal and technical application to cases.